September 4, 2023
Staying Vigilant and Protecting Yourself
To safeguard against falling victim to impersonation scams, individuals and businesses are advised to:
- Verify Authenticity: Before engaging with any financial offers or services, verify the legitimacy of the organization by cross-referencing contact details on official websites and using official contact information.
- Be Skeptical: Be cautious of unsolicited communications, especially those that pressure you to make quick financial decisions.
- Protect Personal Information: Never share sensitive financial information, such as bank details or passwords, via email or over the phone.
- Report Suspicious Activity: If you suspect you’ve encountered a scam or fraudulent activity, report it to the appropriate authorities, such as the FCA or law enforcement agencies.
- Educate Others: Share information about the rising threat of scams with friends, family, and colleagues to create awareness and prevent more individuals from becoming victims.